Mathematics Teacher Leadership Conference
DATE: Friday, March 10, 2017
TIME: 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
Schwitzer Student Center
University of Indianapolis
1400 East Hanna Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46227
SCHEDULE: Click here for the full schedule.
INVITEES: Leaders in Elementary and Middle School Mathematics Education including—
- Elementary & Middle School Mathematics Coaches
- Elementary & Middle School Mathematics Specialists
- Elementary & Middle School Mathematics Curriculum Directors
- Middle School Mathematics Department Chairs
- Elementary & Middle School Principals
- Elementary & Middle School Mathematics Teacher Educators
- Keynote Speaker Lynsey Gibbons, researcher and educator from Boston University, will inspire and inform us with her expertise in mathematics coaching and lesson study. CLICK HERE TO SEE DR. GIBBONS’ PRESENTATION.
- Morning and afternoon breakout sessions will focus on specific issues related to mathematics teacher leadership in elementary schools and middle schools.
- Lunch will be provided.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE AND FEES:
$40 per participant if registration form and payment received by February 24
$45 per participant if registration form and payment received after February 24
Fees waived for personnel of MSD Washington Township – Please submit registration form
Please fill out the registration form and return it with payment as soon as possible. Registrations with purchase orders may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. A confirmation notice will be sent immediately via email upon receipt of paid registration.
If you have questions, please contact Sheryl Stump, email@example.com
Conference Presentation Materials:
Building an Effective Math Coaching Model
Jane Allen, Yvonne Buller, and Lori Hochstetler, Middlebury Community Schools
Shifting the Culture of Math!
Nathan Speitel, Bryce McDonald and Angela Miller, Caston School Corporation
Problem Solving: Alternatives to Keywords
Nick Meyer and Kathy Jones, Indianapolis Public Schools
Using the NWEA Learning Continuum to Differentiate Instruction
Brian Scott, Greenfield-Central Community School Corporation